Greetings! My name is Martha L Shaw. I am a freelance writer, poet, fiber artist and teach a Creative Writing class to K-5th grade students in an after school cultural arts program. In addition to these activities I am a columnist with Technorati, a contributing writer with Cry of Worship Ministries and God’s Love Offers Victory Eternal and many other print and epublications such as the Boston Globe and the Charleston Post and Courier. When I am not writing, and sometimes when I am, I am blessed to be active in lay ministry at my church, St. George’s Episcopal Church in Summerville South Carolina. http://www.stgeorge-sc.org/ I am also a Cursillista, and a self-taught artist.
I am very active in social media including Twitter, Facebook, OpenSalon, Tumblr, LinkedIn, StumbleUpon, Reddit, WetCanvas, and more. I have written several small chapbooks, am currently working on two full-length book projects including a book of devotionals and a book of inspirational poetry. I have written several children’s stories suitable for picture books. These projects are in varying degrees of completion, editing, seeking the right publishing house, etc., at this time.
I was raised in MA and now live in beautiful Charleston South Carolina. My personal relationship with the Lord is incredibly important to me. I can’t imagine getting through a single day without His Holy Spirit to guide and guard me. Nothing fills me with more joy than knowing His love and sharing it!
So, in brief WHERE’ IS MARTHA? Here is a sampling of a few places where my work can be found:
- WWW.inlovewiththelord.com My website!
- Writer for Technorati.com
- FiberArts Guide on WetCanvas.com
- Formerly a columnist for the Chelsea Weekly Newspaper
- Has written for the Boston Globe Newspaper
- Has written for the Charleston Post and Courier Newspaper
- Freelance writer for many publications across the globe both print and e-publications
- Blogger at OpenSalon http://open.salon.com/blog/marthalshaw
- Teacher of Creative Writing to children in the public school system
- Completing her first children’s book
- Completing a book on the Christian Journey
- writing a book of original quilted wall hanging designs
- writing a book of original purse and tote designs
- Self-taught visual artist
- Award winning quilter
- Award winning toy and doll maker
- Writing a book of original poetry
This is just a small sampling – pop back for updates to the list!
I look forward to reading your new blog.
your ‘light in the darkness’ quilt is very striking and because it is a quilt is also very comforting to whoever holds or wraps it around them.
Wow, thank you! My inspiration comes from Him and I feel so blessed to be used.